STORY: Christmas Reunion

Every Christmas Morning, its tradition for the Rivera's to come together at my Lola Mameng's (Granpa's mom) house to share some food and exchange gifts (well, technically the old people give the younger ones money. that's all the exchanging there is. haha). I have grown up with this tradition to the point I even don't want to get up Christmas mornings after a tiring Christmas eve. It has become such a routine after so many years!

I got what I wanted when a few years back Lola Mameng left for Davao. She lives there now and her house here in Manila is empty. No more Christmas morning reunions. I didn't appreciate the only thing I could call tradition until today when I realized how much I actually want the tradition to come back.

A few of my dad's cousins inititated this Christmas gathering I attended today together with my family so all the Rivera's could see each other again. It has been quite a while (around 5 years or less) My younger sisters don't even know 4/5's of the people there (well in all fairness, I too still don't know most of them by name. haha!). It was a very simple gathering. Everyone brought something to share - some food, some balloons, some giveaways, etc. and it was really a great way to see everyone again. I hope I could call something tradition again... starting with today. :)

Some of the food. Mom brought Fruit Salad. ;) Amanda, Allea & I packed the loot bags the night before. The loot bags are c/o Tita Chai who unfortunately is in Davao so can't prepare it herself. Well, we enjoyed the packing anyways so all is good!

Tita Beth sponsored the Face Painting Station. The face painter was very into details. Also they use cute little beads that they stick to the face. Even face paint is going 3d! :D

(L-R) Amanda & Jea, Bellai & Allea with their matching face paint.

I love this shot. Its two little kids enjoying each other's company. :D

Joaquin was such a joy to play with! Haha. :)

This is one of the games that transpired earlier. This is called "Drink If..." Various phrases would follow Drink If and if the contestant fits the sentence then she shall take a shot. ;)

I had my hand painted like a cheetah. The face painter didn't know how to do it so he and I figured this spot pattern design on the way. It isn;t perfect but he's getting there! :)

I tried doing the wing eyeliner trick today at school and redid it for the party. I loved it. I felt like Katy Perry minus the cupcakes and awkward fireworks from the chest.



I'M TRYING MY BEST TO GET PSYCHED ABOUT CHRISTMAS, BUT I'M FINDING IT VERY HARD TO DO. IS THE MAGIC GONE? :( HOPE NOT! I'M STARTING WITH ALL MY CHRISTMAS-Y BORDERS EVERY BLOG! HOPE IT WORKS.

No comments: