STORY: Amanda turns 7!

The day has finally arrived. Its Amanda's birthday party today. I feel kinda weird really since this would be our first kiddie party in a long time. Ever since Allea turned 7 we didn't have much birthdays to celebrate. Last kiddie party I remember was Amanda's 3rd birthday at McDonalds. I know its just 3 years but we used to have a party one after the other before, and every year! It just goes to show we are running out of children to throw birthday parties for, huh?

So, mom was treating this kiddie party like a debut. She had 2 outfits for Amanda to wear and she had all our outfits coordinated, too (Well, mom does the second one for all occasions so that isn't new. She would always have us wear the same color when we a have big occasion to attend to and for this event, we all wore white so the birthday girl would stand out.)

The birthday girl's dresses and shoes

Also, mom had cupcakes made instead of the usual birthday cake. Its convenient that my dad's office mate makes cupcakes so mom didn't have a hard time looking for someone to bake them. Dad's officemate even lent the cupcake tower for us to decorate and display the cupcakes in. Of course, I was in charge of getting that done and I think I did a pretty good job at it, don't you think? (Mom was the one who bought the furry violet and pink things on the side and I just placed them on each of the layers of the tower)


The birthday girl and her "cake"
I was assigned to assemble the tower and I was so eager to do so that I started right away while the staff were still cleaning the place from the party before us.

My creation. Pretty neat, eh?
I kept asking Amanda to twirl for me so I can get a good shot of her dress but she just won't stop running away from me!
It took about 30 minutes for Amanda to start nagging mommy to change her clothes so mom had to grant the birthday girl's wish. Too bad the late guests didn't see her first outfit.
My grandmother, Nene led the prayer before we started the program
A lot of Amanda's classmates and some other people couldn't make it to the event. Maybe because everyone was busy preparing for their Christmas Eve celebrations the next day already. It was quite sad that they missed my sister's birthday since we ended up with more adults than children at the party. The first game ended up being played by the adults since there was not enough kids for the game!
Guests!
Top: (1) Nene & Amanda, (2) Tita Ann & Amanda
Bottom: (3) Allea and Bellai who are so grown up already! (4) Mom, Dad and Amanda for her I'm-an-only-child moment
More guests!
Top (1) Faith and Jose's Mom - Tita Alah (2) The lolas!
Bottom: (3) Me & cousin Jinin (4) Dad and his visiting friend from the US, Tito Mendo
Tito Tofee (Mom's former officemate) and his kids
Tito Mendo's family with Dad & Amanda. I just love how this shot is so candid!
The first game required 6 girls and boys. Of course, it was the usual boys versus girls thing. The boys were Team Amanda and the girls were Team Napilitan. The host explained, actually over explained, the mechanics of the first game which was Maximum to Minimum. Basically you just have to arrange the people in your team according to the category given by the host. That's it! He had to explain that over and over and to think the players were already, ehem, adults. Anyways, after all the explaining was done and we actually started playing, I found myself having fun. :)

Team Napilitan (Girls) vs. Team Boys (Amanda)

But surprise, surprise, it turns out that the Maximum to Minimum game was just a warm up! This is the typical kiddie party gag that every host seems to enjoy using. Anyway, we ended up having to play a relay game where you'd have to pass the balloon over your head until it reaches the end of the line then pass it back up front in between your legs. When the balloon reaches the first person in line, that person runs with the ball between her/his legs while doing a chicken dance towards a chair placed about 10 feet away. The person has to run back to the team and pass it to the next member then the drill repeats itself. 

The girls won because the boys got disqualified. They pushed our balloon away from us causing us to lose a few seconds which in relay time means hours. Haha! It was a good thing they lost since the losers had to dance in front everyone. But since the boys were hesitant to dance, the age old punishment was what they were asked to do instead- spell a word with their butts!

I took the Minimum to Maximum game really seriously as you can see.

The losers! Haha
Diego was a sport and did the dance for everyone but seeing that the audience was dissatisfied with Diego's martyrdom, the host had the rest of the boys spell Amanda with their butts. Fair enough.
A few more games were played before the food was served. And by few, I mean 2. One was the longest Happy birthday game which only 3 kids joined. It was followed by a bring me game which, at least, a lot more kids and adults participated. The last bring me which was coins were thrown into the air for all the kids to catch.
Kid games
Allea led the grace before meals
Ready to eat!
I took this shot of mom and dad because they look like a young family with those two kids on their laps! Oh how I and my brother used to be those little kids on our parents laps! 
Of course, Jollibee had to grace the event with his presence. He did a little dance number and took photos with the guests
Amanda and Jollibee. BTW, this is our first time to celebrate in Jollibee. Our kid celebrations would always revolve around Mcdonalds or Shakeys.
After Jollibee's dance number came the blowing of the candles. I forgot to put candles on the cupcake so I hurried to find the candles mom bought and put it in the plastic base thing that came with it and then place all the candles on the cupcakes. The plastic base is so that you don't poke the candles directly to the cake or cupcake rather just the thin plastic thing.

Hurrying to prepare the candles
After Amanda blew her candles, each of us in the family gave her our wishes. I don't even know how to react when everyone of them wished that Amanda be better than me. It was okay when I said it but when everyone else did, I didn't know if I should be proud that I am benchmark or they just want Amanda to outshine me. Anyways, I love my sister and if there is someone I do want to be better than me, it would be her. :)
We distributed all the cupcakes to the guests after the candle blowing and  Wacky here has the icing all over!
What transpired later of course was a series of photo ops. It appears that our family is already getting ready for the next generation (and mom surprisingly mentioned in her speech that they are slowly losing kids in the house but she could feel that there will soon be kids in the family again anyway.... hmmmm. Is she hinting me on something? HAHAHA!). 

Enzo, Allea, Me, Jollibee, Amanda, Mom & Dad
Its a Rivera trait to have big eyes so you could guess what inspired this photo! Look at my dad and Amanda, big eyes with no effort at all! Haha
I'm proud that my parents are still together after all these years. Even if they don't get along all the time, they still manage to keep this family together and happy. 
I will always have to have a photo with daddy-o.
Oh, gone are the days when I was an only child but its always nice to pretend once in a while. Haha!
Of course, the celebrant has to have everyone's attention, especially mom and dad's which she seems to have more competition of than I did. So, there you go dear! HAHA :)
After mom got everyone settled in the car, she left with my Tita to go to another party happening at Paranaque. When we got home we did all that Mom asked us to do (give the excess chicken packs to this and that, put the cupcakes there, give her medicine, fix the clothes and shoes, etc) and proceeded with the opening of gifts. Amanda was so excited to open the gifts that we had to control her before she tore the wrapper into pieces while I wasn't done setting the place up. I wanted to record her opening of gifts (which I did and is going to be a very funny home video to watch in 5 years) and take pictures as well which mom always did during my birthdays. In fact, we still have the VHS of all my kiddie birthdays at home! Now, its my turn to capture these moments for her. I won't upload the video anymore but let me just say that she is very happy with all the presents she got. 


Thank you to everyone who made my sister's day special. It means a lot to me as much as I know it would mean to her if she understood what was happening and not running around all the time. Haha! For one last time today, Happy Birthday Amanda! We love you! :)

1 comment:

Pya said...

happy birthday Amanda! bongga sume-second outfit.