STORY: The Lion King Effect

Quick Unrelated Intro: I noticed I have this tendency to start my blogs with the word "so." I tried to reread some entries and the first word of every one of them is always "so" so I decided I should stop this habit, you know, just because. Haha.

Today, I finally got to see Lion King 3D at Newport Cinemas but as usual, not without many bumps on the road getting there. I was all dressed up for this day (with my wedges on) and I was expecting the date to be a pleasant one but things don't always turn out as planned. The earlier part of this day was more of me and Jose pissed off than anything else. After my class (the last one for the year!), we headed over to his lola's house. We got caught up in the family gathering which made Jose very hot headed since he missed an appointment he had with someone he bought a car part from. Of course, the hot-headedness rubbed onto me so I got all mad about how he was ruining the day I was so excited for. Good thing we were able to turn the day around... because I will not forgive him if ever he didn't put his act together and thus ruining my reunion with Simba, Mufasa, Nala, Zazu, Timon & Pumbaa.

As you can see, I even took the time to blow dry my hair. Just look at how tamed it is! 

On the way to the cinemas, we passed by the soft opening of Game Zoo (Newport's version of Timezone) and they had free play all day. They had this machine similar to Dance Dance Revolution and I told Jose that to make up for his losing his temper earlier, he should play one game with me. I told him I won't talk to him if he didn't agree. Of course, he was forced to say yes but he agreed that we do it after the movie. (We never did get to play. After the movie he tried to stall as much as he can, and when we finally got to the place he looked so sad. Seeing that it bothered him so much, I decided that I wasn't going to be a meanie and let him suffer since his biggest pet peeve is doing anything in front of a crowd. I guess this is the Lion King effect. You realize there are far more important things in the Circle of Life. Woohoo!)

During the movie (as expected), I sang along to all the songs. Well, those I memorize which is mostly all of the songs. Jose started to get comfortable in his seat preparing himself to doze off but I quickly snarled at him and told him HE MUST WATCH the film from start to finish. He sat up straight and tried to pay attention. I still had to look at him time to time just to be sure he didn't fall asleep (he did try to hide behind the 3d glasses but that didn't work).

Before I proceed with the rest of the night, let me just share how proud I am of myself for still memorizing key scenes in the film. I was mouthing the dialog to Jose (who was not the least bit impressed unfortunately) just to share my pride in having all these information still stored in my head. I think its all these information I refuse to erase from my brain that's keeping me from learning new things, like, let's say, dance? But then again, I wouldn't give up dancing for my Disney knowledge. Heck, I wouldn't give it up for anything.

While looking for a place to eat, we saw these Transformers around the Christmas tree in the activity area. There was a whole program with performers and acrobats (and Transformers) so the place was jam packed.

We couldn't decide where to eat inside the mall so we opted to find a place to dine elsewhere.





I told Jose I wouldn't eat rice so he just bought lots of my favorite mojos to go with my chicken ;)
(Skipping the rice ended up being a silly decision since I had a super sized coffee chip shake which is three times or more calories than the rice i would've consumed)
When we found a place to eat, we started goofing around with his new DSLR. Jose and I used to take a lot of photos together. Everywhere we went we would go home with hundreds of photos we didn't know what to do with. Over the years we outgrew this silly habit which was okay (since it does show that we have matured in some level through the years) but I miss having photos to post and edit and blog about. So this night, we tried to play around with the camera like the old times... but we felt silly and we weren't as enthusiastic about it as we were back in the day (yes, parang ang tagal nang panahon na lumipas!). But here are a few photos of our attempt at bringing back the old habit...






Jose parked pretty far away from where we ate and it since was raining, we had to run from the parking. A man, on our way out of the parking lot, offered us to ride in the free shuttle the parking lot provided. Jose, without thinking, declined the offer thinking it was something you had to pay for! Learning from his mistake (which I pointed out since I saw the huge sticker saying FREE PARKING SHUTTLE), we waited for the shuttle to stop in the pick up/drop off point just outside the restaurant after we had dinner so we wouldn't have to walk in the rain again. We waited for about 10 minutes when Jose decided we could have been in the car with the time we spent on waiting. We had no umbrella and he was the only one with a hoodie so he walked back to the car alone and just came back for me. Also, I really had to stay behind since we couldn't afford to get his camera, the take-out and my lovely bag wet. 



But guess what? Just as Jose was walking to the parking lot, a shuttle came. What good timing, huh?


Jose came about 5 minutes after the shuttle left the pick up/drop off point so it was a good thing I took a photo of the shuttle to show Jose how unlucky he was that he never caught a glimpse of the shuttle. Haha! 

Pretty lights

Before I end this post, I'd like to share a scene in Lion king that I only understood today! (Imagine that!). In the scene where Mufasa teaches Simba to pounce, Zazu kept talking about the daily updates of Prideland. I listened closely to what Zazu was saying and it was filled with word plays! It goes like this: Well the buzz from the bees is that the leopards are in a bit of a spot. And the baboons are going ape over this. Of course, the giraffes are acting like they're above it all... The tick birds are pecking on the elephants. I told the elephants to forget it, but they can't. The cheetahs are hard up, but I always say, cheetahs never prosper. Cool, huh? ;)


No comments: