THEORY: Kevin Arnold's Magic

Growing up is never easy. You hold on to things that were. You wonder what’s to come. But that night, I think we knew it was time to let go of what had been, and look ahead to what would be. Other days. New days. Days to come. The thing is, we didn’t have to hate each other for getting older. We just had to forgive ourselves… for growing up. - Kevin Arnold, The Wonder Years


I swear, if ever I do get my hands on a copy of all seasons of The Wonder Years, I will start a blog dedicated to all the quotes from the show. There just seems to be too much of it that I can't even choose sometimes which to share! Such darn good writing can drive you nuts sometimes.


I wasn't alive when The Wonder Years began and was about 3 years old when it ended but I'm absolutely grateful that the internet and reruns on TV from when I was about 10 years old allowed me to discover this piece of TV heaven. Now I know TV wasn't always this way, TV may just have gone past its glory days.... then again, we still do have Modern Family. Hmmmm, maybe TV is finally working on its comeback.


I'm still hoping that I get a DVD set of The Wonder Years or Doogie Howser MD this Christmas but its pretty hard to find and usually those that are easy to find are way too expensive. Here's hoping Santa hears me! I've been nice this year (I think! Hahaha)

No comments: