STORY: Craving Season

These past few days, I have been experiencing crazy attacks of craving of random food. The latest and the longest craving I've had so far is of Mashita's Gyoza and their Ramyun... a close second would be Tokyo Tokyo's Karaage. I don't know where this is coming from but I just feel the need to eat with chopsticks and indulge in some yummy Asian (even if they are fast food "versions") food.

Anyway, as I shared in a previous post, I did get my gyoza fix already but I wasn't fully satisfied. I don't know but since my first encounter with Mashita, other gyozas pale in comparison... well, except Rai Rai ken's which is still the best ever!

Back to my story, I finally got my Mashita fix! At last... at long, long last! Jose finally agreed to eat at Mashita after weeks of declining my request. He just doesn't know what he's missing yet. And as expected, the moment he tasted some Mashita yumminess, he finally understood and joined me in my raving about their gyoza ramyun (well not as much as I've been raving about it! Haha)

We were the first customers of the day! The ones ordering came in second.
All the Mashita space for us! :) Haha.
Excited for my gyoza ramyun to be served!
Jose ordered some Chicken Tonkatsu which was good enough for two!  Yumminess overload, too bad I paid all my attention to my yummy gyoza... although I did squeeze in a bite or two.

Finally, my gyoza ramyun came!
I took a few bites off Jose's tonkatsu but Jose over indulged in my order! At one point, he switched our bowls so he could sip some more soup and eat up some more noodles. I felt like a proud mommy as I watched my baby, the gyoza ramyun, being enjoyed for the first time by someone else. Its like I wanted to pat myself in the back for being right... I knew he would love Mashita as much as I do! :)

Yum!
We ordered some Korean ice cream for take out. Chocolate was unavailable so I got some cookies and cream and he got a cheesecake flavored one.




I don't think I'll be craving for some gyoza for a long time. I finally satisfied my craving and I couldn't be happier!

P.S. As of this writing, Jose bought some takeout gyoza ramyun, an extra order of gyoza and some Korean ice cream from Mashita the other day and we ate it for early dinner. I guess I won't worry about him declining my Mashita requests anymore, huh? :)

No comments: