THEORY: Family Time


I didn't blog about my family's trip to HK recently, well, because I guess there was way too much to tell and not really much who are willing to know all about it.

Anyway, one thing I'd like to share, whether or not anyone would care to listen (er, read), is how much I appreciated the family time we had during our four days there. We aren't one of those families that are distant from each other nor are we the type who are super close either so the trip was a great way to kick things up a notch. Being with them 24/7 used to be common to me but when I entered college and created a world of my own, bonding with my family became a foreign thing... and I don't regret it much. Its normal to grow apart so you can grow on your own but now that I've "grown" already, its time to revisit growing together as a family again. And from the way we all described our Disneyland visit as "magical," how we would race to point the characters from the Disney films and share whatever trivia we could, how we would talk about the same shows and so much more... I don't think revisiting family time will be that difficult.


I love how from my seven year old sister to my forty-something old dad we still all have something in common to talk about... and I tell you Disney is number one in the list and I am very proud of that. I love my family - the wacky, the annoying, the crazy, the lovely and everything else in between - and I wouldn't have them any other way.


2 comments:

Pya said...

I love how from my seven year old sister to my forty-something old dad we still all have something in common to talk about... and I tell you Disney is number one in the list and I am very proud of that. - true that. I can so relate :)

Andy said...

Great to know we are the only ones! :)