THEORY: Music of Love

The saying that says "You know you're in love when all the songs make sense" is true. I mean, compared to my high school self that would listen to love songs and not feel a thing about it, I definitely have my moments when I hear a really nice love song play. It doesn't matter if I'm sad, angry, or happy at the time I hear a song, I just automatically imagine myself in the situation the song describes. And its internalization to the highest level, believe me. I end up crying because of fear, of hurt, of overwhelming joy... emotions I may or may not have experienced already... emotions I may or may not have just made up in my head. Its just this knowing feeling that when another person in love describes it, you just feel it, too. And for me, of all people, singers are experts on love. I mean, they must be since these love songs must have come from somewhere you know...

... then again, there are people like me who assume they know all about love when they really don't. Or do I? I guess I should start writing a love song to test my theory out already. Now if only I could find a map to a store selling musical talent already...

No comments: