THEORY: Awkward Awesomeness

I have discovered a new TV gem - MTV's Awkward. Well, it's actually my co-trainees who discovered it and introduced it to me... so I thank them for that.



Anyway, the show is about an awkward 15-year-old girl and her daily struggles with high school, friends, love and life in general. It sounds typical but the way the show is treated makes all the difference. It's more mature and somehow indie-like. Also, the lead stars, Jenna, Matty, Jake and Sadie, all blend well and make the story all the more interesting.

I haven't felt kilig over a show in a long time and that was what really made me love the show. My heart would pound and I would try to control my shrieks during scenes of Jenna and Matty or Jenna and Jake. It's how the show treated the romance that makes you root for either of the two love interests of the lead star. It's not too in your face as with other teen shows. The show lets the romance build up organically. The viewer feels the romance grow along with the characters. Ugh, I can't explain it... watch it na lang! You won't regret it. 

Matty (Beau Mirchoff), Jenna (Ashley Rickards) and Jake (Brett Davern)

It also helps that they have this super gwapo guy playing Matty! He may be playing the popular jock but those eyes make him look as vulnerable as a puppy!

I just finished watching Season 1 and am currently downloading episodes from Season 2. I must say, the season finale just left me itching to get started on the next season... too bad download is taking so long! 

No comments: