STORY: Dress to Impress

It's ID picture taking at the office for the new hires today.

Before I go on about how this officially marks a new chapter of my life (although I keep saying every first here in the office officially marks a new chapter, so the phrase has lost its essence by now), let me share how I frantically went through my closet this morning to find the perfect outfit for today's photo taking.

I know, I know. It's just an ID photo (take note, in this office, our IDs have full body shots of us) but it's going to be around for who knows how many years. If I'm at this office 10 years from now (not sure if staying that long is a good or bad thing), I don't want my photo to be dated!

Anyway, I wanted the outfit to be very me but very timeless. I like button down polos and I like dresses so when I just couldn't choose after 30 minutes, I decided I'm wearing both. I wore my denim polo over my white striped bodycon and threw on some sneakers to tone down the look and make it young and well, me. I would've gone for boots but I'm afraid boots may go out of fashion too soon.

I'm really excited to see how my ID photo comes out. I'll post it here once I get a hold of it! Now, just to figure out how I'm going to pose...

No comments: