THEORY: Half Hour

I felt like I froze for the next half hour
I could feel the cold rush in my veins
I felt like I was dying, actually, I felt dead

I know I've f*cked up a lot of times in my lifetime
But I can honestly say I never felt more fear for my life than in that half hour
It wasn't a life or death situation but it seemed like it

I wanted the saying to come true
I wanted the ground beneath me to open up and just swallow me in
I wanted to disappear, or at least be invisible, 
Actually, I'm okay with people just forgetting my name
No, I wish I could just change identities and have no one question it
I wish I can just change identity and live a new life

I don't want to die anytime soon and I have not experienced death
But in that half hour, I swear I felt I shook hands with death

I guess I was still lucky
I was able to run away from my catastrophe
But it's the constant fear of it coming back to me that keeps me jumpy

Oh Lord, I won't do it again, I swear
I will be extra cautious, I will be more meticulous
Please forgive me and let this one time slide

Lord, please let that half hour get sucked into oblivion
Let's not go back there ever. Please

No comments: