THEORY: Starting From Scratch

I am noticing a pattern here. The first quarter of the year is always the most eventful time in my life... and that isn't always a good thing. Most times, it's terrible events that happen and these events set an equally terrible tone for the rest of my year. Wow, how amazing is my life, right? Woooooooh. Not.

But no, I will not let these "events" ruin my year... AGAIN (2012 has got to be the worst start-of-the-year year to date, I don't plan on beating that record). So this time, I will take these unfortunate events as eye refreshers. You know how when you cry because you're hurt, you are also able to "cleanse" your sight/outlook? So in a way your tears wash away your negativity? Something like that. Eye refreshers.

Actually, maybe this is God's way of grounding me. Since at the end of the year I always feel like I am at the top of the world, God just wants to make sure I don't float away. Maybe He likes to remind me at the beginning of the year that it really is a new beginning, meaning I have to start from scratch. That I don't get to bring the triumphs and safety of last year with me. That I have to rebuild everything, even my armor, as I go through another year. That way, I will end each year feeling more amazed at how I outdid myself. So maybe this is God's plan... or maybe it's just me trying to console myself. Or maybe it's God's plan that I console myself. 

I don't know. I'm starting from scratch here. So yeah, maybe.

No comments: