THEORY: Instant MTV

Whenever I hear songs, particularly cheesy love songs, I instantly create an MTV in my head - complete with slow motion, black and white and blank stares... actually, just like one of those tacky Windows Movie Maker auto movies! Sometimes I get very emotional since my  instant MTVs can be a little too dramatic, almost like those tribute videos you play during funerals. More often though I become extra cheesy, just like last night when the song "I Knew I Loved You" by Savage Garden played on my iPod during the drive home. I matched almost every word of the song with a specific moment with Jose. See, it's sounding cheesy already! Anyway, let's just go to straight to the song and my matching MTV, okay?


Let me take you through the song with matching photos. Note that since I imagined it as a tacky karaoke-worthy MTV, I shall make tacky visuals for this post! Para buo ang experience! :P






Maybe it's intuition but some things you just don't question Well, I really didn't question why I chose you, er, why you chose me pala *wink, wink, Jose! I went with your story* Like in your eyes, I see my future in an instant Well, I am no girl who relies on anyone but herself for her future but I won't lie. I do see my future with you in it especially when I look into your eyes (no matter how small they may be! Haha) And there it goes I think I've found my best friend This line captures all the feelings I have right now. I think you are more my best friend than my boyfriend and I think that is a good thing. I heard a saying somewhere that goes, "When the romance dies, only the friendship will remain" so if we're best friends, then the next 50 years are looking okay. 



I know that it might sound more than a little crazy but I believe I'm sounding like a love drunk psycho girlfriend with this post but whatever. I am crazy and weird and silly and that just shows how Jose is equally crazy, weird and silly for sticking around. I knew I loved you before I met you. Well, no. It's unfortunate that the most inaccurate line in this song is the title. I knew I loved you when you read Purpose Driven Life with me for 40 days during our 4th month. That's love and I knew it the moment we surpassed chapter 5. I think I dreamed you into life. Uhm. I knew I loved you before I met you I have been waiting all my life. Well, no again. I love you but I will never sit and wait for someone to sweep me off my feet... even if you do sweep me off my feet some times.


There's just no rhyme or reason. Only this sense of completion. No reason, for sure! Before I met you I had a formula for life! But when you came along, you scrambled all of that and I just wing most of life. So far, so good. Life is feeling a little close to completion by the day. And in your eyes I see the missing pieces I'm searching for A lot of people have shared their wonder at how we work. Although we have many things in common, there is so much more we have that are different! And we work because of that difference. I learn from you, you learn from me. But other times I just get pissed at you and you get pissed at me! Then again, it just works because you got the pieces I don't have and vice versa. I think I found my way home. Literally since you bring me home from school and work every day for the past 5 years and figuratively, since I do feel at home with you and your family. :) 



I know it might sound more than a little crazy but I believe (repeat chorus) Repeat craziness, weirdness, silliness 'til fade! A thousand angels dance around you. I am complete now that I found you. Again, I won't rely my self-actualization on anyone outside myself but I did feel the angels dance the day you came into my life. Because no matter how much I try to reach my goals in life, it will always be better if someone is working on his goals alongside. The journey is always better when there is someone on the passenger seat to share it with (Now if only that passenger will understand that there can only be one driver at a time then that would be great... so he'd keep his driving tips to himself since I am clearly an awesome driver. Okay, deviating... just too many feels about my driving. Will blog about that another time! :P)

How'd you find my instant MTV? Warned you it would be cheesy and tacky! Well, that's what you get when you read about stuff that happens in my head! 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not usually a fan of Savage Garden, but I found this very sweet! <3 <3 <3

Andy said...

Thank you whoever you are!