STORY: Travel young. Travel Often.



I don't know if it is just a generation thing but I honestly believe in the many benefits of traveling young, traveling anywhere and traveling often. I haven't gone to that many places since I started working but already, I'm looking at the world as a much bigger place. Now, I don't just know, but fully realize and believe, that the daily struggles I go through are so petty compared to the big world I have yet to explore. 

More than having photos and experiences I can treasure forever, being aware that there is so much more to learn, to see, to be, does wonders to my perspective of myself and the world. It makes me reflect to much deeper levels about who I want to be, where I want to go and what I want to do with the rest of my life. 

I know people would look at travel as a whim or a leisure activity (I used to), but with the cheap flights and accommodations available to everyone, it's feeling more like a crime to deprive one's self of what the world has to offer. Don't get me wrong, I'm not rich. I also struggle from pay check to pay check (admittedly, partly due to my poor finance management skills) but after my first trip, I realized I'd rather it be that way than to struggle through life without fully giving myself the chance to evaluate what the struggle is for. 

To more trips, self actualization and bigger pay checks! :)

No comments: